How will you convert chlorobenzene to phenol?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 25th Mar, 2014, 05:08: PM
Chlorobenzene when fused with NaOH at 623K and 320 atmospheric pressure gives sodium phenoxide which on acidification produces phenol.
Answered by | 25th Mar, 2014, 07:08: PM
- How to convert? i)2 Propanol → Ethanol ii)Ethanol to 1 Butanol
- State the type of mechanism in acid catalysed hydration of alkenes with reactions involved.
- What is absolute alcohol and how is it prepared?
- How are the following conversions carried out? (i) Benzyl chloride to benzyl alcohol. (ii) Methyl magnesium bromide to 2-methylpropan-2-ol.
- Give the method of preparation of glycerol from propene.
- How will you obtain tert.butyl alcohol from isobutyl alcohol?
- Identify ‘A’ in the reaction.
- How are phenols prepared from diazonium salts?
- How will you convert methanol to ethanol?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number