In AB2O4, the oxide ions are placed in cubic close packed lattice, cation A is present in tetrahedral voids and cations B are present in octahedral voids. What is the percentage of tetrahedral and octahedral voids occupied by A and B respectively?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 17th Jun, 2016, 10:51: AM
In CCP lattice of oxide ions, there would be two tetrahedral voids and one octahedral void for each oxide ion. Therefore for four oxide ions, there would be 8 tetrahedral and 4 octahedral voids. Out of 8 tetrahedral voids, 1 is occupied by
Answered by | 17th Jun, 2016, 12:51: PM
- where is exam decoded in this topic?!!!!
- Unit cell consists of a cube in which anions(B) are present at each corner and cations (A) at the centre of the alternate face of the unit cell what is the simplest formula of the compound
- explain conduction band theory brifly ?
- What is the percentage of space occupied by the spheres in hexagonal close packing in two dimensions?
- What is co-ordination number?
- What is the co-ordination number of atoms in BCC, HCP, CCP and simple lattices?
- An element exists as hexagonal close packed structure as well as cubic close packed structure. In which case the element would have higher density?
- In a solid, oxide ions are arranged in CCP, cation A occupy one- sixth of the tetrahedral voids and cations B occupy one third of the octahedral voids. What is the formula of the compound?
- In corundum oxide, ions are arranged in HCP array and the aluminum ions occupy two-thirds of octahedral voids. What is the formula of corundum?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number