cation A occupies 2/3rd of all the octahedral voids while the anion B is found in all lattice points predict the formula of the ionic compound formed by them
Asked by shrinithishri2003 | 22nd Jun, 2021, 12:09: AM
Type of crystal lattice is not given.
Let's assume it is hcp.
Coordination number in hcp=12
Cation A is arranged in octahedral voids=
Number of latttice points in hcp=2
Anion B is arranged on lattice points, number of anion B=2
A : B
8 : 2
4 : 1
Formula of compound is A4 B1
Answered by Ravi | 22nd Jun, 2021, 10:49: AM
- where is exam decoded in this topic?!!!!
- Unit cell consists of a cube in which anions(B) are present at each corner and cations (A) at the centre of the alternate face of the unit cell what is the simplest formula of the compound
- explain conduction band theory brifly ?
- What is the percentage of space occupied by the spheres in hexagonal close packing in two dimensions?
- What is co-ordination number?
- What is the co-ordination number of atoms in BCC, HCP, CCP and simple lattices?
- An element exists as hexagonal close packed structure as well as cubic close packed structure. In which case the element would have higher density?
- In AB2O4, the oxide ions are placed in cubic close packed lattice, cation A is present in tetrahedral voids and cations B are present in octahedral voids. What is the percentage of tetrahedral and octahedral voids occupied by A and B respectively?
- In a solid, oxide ions are arranged in CCP, cation A occupy one- sixth of the tetrahedral voids and cations B occupy one third of the octahedral voids. What is the formula of the compound?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number