If the following food chain 5 J of energy is available to man, How much energy was available at producer level?
Plant --------> Sheep --------->Man
Asked by gourikori21 | 9th Dec, 2020, 03:12: PM
Since, only 10% energy is transferred from one trophic level to the next trophic level.
So, 10% of energy available at sheep = energy available at man = 5J
So, energy available at sheep = 50 J
Also, producer consume 1% of energy available from sun ,
So, 1% of energy available at plant = 500 J
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 10th Dec, 2020, 11:41: AM
- Is food web a combination of food chains?
- What are trophic levels Give example of food chain state the different tropic levels.
- how will the unutilized energy of an organism be released in the air?
- what is community heat?
- Which will get more energy secondary consumers or tertiary consumers?
- In the following food chain, 20,000 J of energy was available to the plants. How much energy would be available to man in this chain? Plants--> Sheep --> Man
- what is a food chain
- The flow of energy in an ecosystem is acyclic. How?
- Every ecosystem is a dynamic system,how?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number