If a and b are two positive odd integers prove that one out of a+b÷2 and a-b÷2 is odd and other is even
Asked by shabnakader | 22nd Jun, 2017, 06:24: PM
Given that both a and b are positive odd integers.
Let a = 2j + 1 and b = 2k+ 1, where j and k can be
i) both odd or
ii) both even or
iii) one odd and a > b
Now, if j and k are both odd and both even (cases i and ii) then,
Now j + k will be always even (sum of two odd number is even and sum of two even numbers is definitely even)
This means j + k + 1 is definitely odd is definitely odd
which will always be even since the difference of odd as well as even numbers is even.
Hence, j - k is definitely even is definitely even.
Now for case (iii) lets say j is odd and k is even
Now j + k will be always odd (sum of one odd and one even number is always odd )
This means j + k + 1 is definitely even is definitely even.
similar logic goes for which will definitely be odd.
Answered by Rebecca | 22nd Jun, 2017, 07:22: PM
- find log27base3
- what is the meaning of uklid division
- what do you mean by h.c.f
- use euclid division algorithm to find hCf of . 196and38220
- When the HCF (420, 130) is expressed as a linear combination of 420 and 130 i.e. HCF (420, 130) = 420x + 130y, the values of x and y satisfying the above relation are: (a)x= 3, y = 1 (c) x = 4, y = -13 (b) x=-4, y = 13 (d) x = 2, y = 3
- how to prove that √2 is a irrational number?
- show that every positive odd integers is of the form 2q+1 where q is some whole number.
- apply the division algorithm to find the quotient and remainder on dividing px by gx as given below P(x)= -5x^2+14x^3+9x-1 g(x) =-1+2x
- if d is the HCF of 45 and 27 find x and y satisfying d=27x+45y?
- If the HCF of 408 and 1032 is expressible in the form 1032m-408×5, find m.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number