(i) Why the maximum and minimum temperature of cities is higher than in rural areas?
(ii) Why does relative humidity change over a day?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
1.Concrete ground absorbs more heat in comparison to soil and retains it for a longer time.
2.Urban areas lack shade of trees.
3.Cooling effect in urban areas is relatively less due to less transpiration effect of plants.
(ii) Relative humidity of a place changes over a day because earth does not receive equal amount of heat throughout the day.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- What produces weather? Explain
- Tell me that........ Q. What is the difference between weather and climate
- what is humidity
- What is humidity
- When is air considered saturated?
- Why does relative humidity change over a day?
- Why nights are foggy during winters?
- Why weather reports in news papers show maximum and minimum temperatures?
- How can you prepare your own rain gauge?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number