I saw in some websites that mirror chapter is removed from the syllabus for 2018-19 and will not come in board exam.So, I want to if ot's true or not(please tell me quickly as I have to read it for exams)
Asked by sajal2402 | 4th Feb, 2019, 05:42: PM
Hello, above is a snapshot of Unit3 Natural phenomena of your syllabus mentioned in the course structure of 2018-19 on the official site of CBSE. While preparing for the exams follow the curriculum mentioned on the official website. So, as per the syllabus given you need to be thorough with the concepts of the spherical mirror, its ray diagrams and mirror formula(derivation not required) and magnification of mirrors, as questions might be asked on these concepts in your question paper. So do read these concepts. Hope this information will help you with your exam preparation. In case of any queries, post your doubts and all the best for your preparation.
Official site of CBSE for syllabus of 2018-19: http://cbseacademic.nic.in/curriculum.html
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 4th Feb, 2019, 06:16: PM
- Which mirror is used as a torch reflector?
- Source of light of kept at focus of mirror in headlighte of vehicles give reason
- A Ray of light passing through the centre of curvature of a concave mirror is incident on its reflecting surface . What is the angle of incidence and angle of reflection of this ray.
- What is the general value of magnification in lens and mirror
- An object is placed in front of a concave mirror of focal length 30 cm. The virtual image of the object is obtained at a distance 20 cm from the mirror. Calculate the position of the object. Please explain briefly step by step
- The centre of curvature of a covnvex mirror is 20 cm,from the pole of the mirror find its length
- A thin rod of length f/3 is placed along optical axis a concave mirror of focal length f such that its image which is real and elongated just touches rod . calculate the magnification.
- A small candle, 2.5 cm in size is placed at 27 cm in front of a concave mirror of radius of curvature 36 cm. At what distance from the mirror should a screen be placed in order to obtain a sharp image? Describe the nature and size of the image. If the candle is moved closer to the mirror, how would the screen have to be moved?
- What is the importance of magnification. Explain by giving examples.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number