How will you separate iron filings and sugar from their mixtures?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 26th May, 2016, 11:19: AM
By using a magnet, we can separate iron fillings and sugar from their mixture. Iron filings will stick to the surface of the magnet and sugar will be left behind.
Answered by | 26th May, 2016, 01:19: PM
- With the help of a labeled diagram, describe in brief an activity to show sublimation of CAMPHOR.
- With the help of a labeled diagram, describe in brief an activity to show sublimation of camphor
- What is fractional crystallisation? Give an example of a mixture that can be separated using this method.
- You are given the mixture of iron filings, ammonium chloride and sand. Explain how would you separate them?
- Describe the process for separation of a mixture of common salt and ammonium chloride?
- Name any four solid substances which do not undergo sublimation.
- Name any four substances which undergo sublimation.
- Give two examples where the solids undergo sublimation at room temperature.
- What is sublimation? What types of mixtures can be separated using this technique?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number