How to find the period and group number when atomic number is given??
Asked by veena23_anandk | 4th Feb, 2018, 01:04: PM
If the atomic number is given from the electronic configuration we can find the poasition of the element.
Electronic configuration: (2,4)
No. of valence electrons gives the group number and no of shells gives period.
So it corrosponds to group 4 and period 2.
Answered by Varsha | 4th Feb, 2018, 06:45: PM
- compare and contrast the arrangement of elements in 'mendeleev's periodic table and the modern periodic table
- How can we determine the valency of transition elements
- Please answer the 17
- How does the atomic size vary across a period ? Give reason.
- who gave modern periodic table
- What are isobars?
- How to find valency
- which is modern perodic law ?
- find the odd man out and state its reason helium,radon,argon,boron
- how to remember the valancies of elements?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number