How sound can travel from water
Asked by jenilthakkar2372.7sdatl | 2nd May, 2020, 10:59: AM
Sound is produced due to vibrations of atoms present in the medium.
Sound requires medium for the propagation.
Water is more denser than air but less dense than solids.
Hence, sound travels faster in water than in air. However, sound travels fastest in solids.
Speed of sound in water is approximately 1500 m/s
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 2nd May, 2020, 01:33: PM
- What is speed.S.I unit
- defin ultrasonic sound
- If you were both on the moon ,your friend will not be able to hear you call
- Name the following Distance from the mean position to the top of the crest- Distance travelled by the wave- Source of vibration of wave-
- True or False 1) In sound waves,movement of particles occurs- 2) Direction of propagation is a direction of energy-
- Direction of propagation is a direction in which__________travels.
- Why speed of sound is maximum in solids?
- How sound is produced by human beings?
- How sound propagates? Explain its propagation in air.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number