How latent heat of vaporisation is used to run trains and machines
Asked by lovemaan5500 | 23rd Nov, 2017, 07:09: AM
Latent heat of vaporisation is the energy released by liquid at the boiling point temperature, when it chnges its liquid state to vapour state.
Huge amount of energy released when there is a phase change at boiling point and this energy released is utilized to run trains and machines.
Answered by | 23rd Nov, 2017, 08:42: AM
- A piece of ice of mass 40g is added to 200g of water at 50 degree celcius
- a calorimetry of mass 50g contains 200g of water at 30degree celcius . Calculate the final temperature of the mixture when 40g of ice at -10degree celcius is added to it.
- find result of mixing 10g of ice at-10c of water at 10c
- Is heat a conserved quantity? Give reason in suport of your answer?
- The temperature of 170g of water at 50degree celsius is lowered to 5degree celcius by adding certain amount of ice to it.Find the mass of ice added . (Take ,specific heat capacity of water=4200J/kg0c and specific latent heat of ice =36000J/kg)
- Water falls from a height of 50m. Calculate the rise in the temperature of water when it strikes the bottom. G=10ms-2 C=4200J/Kg°C
- Detail solutions
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number