Asked by jain.pradeep | 26th May, 2019, 06:54: PM
The correct option is (E).
The wet road surface covers most of the irregular road surface and this leads to regular reflection of light. While, when the road is dry, the light from the irregular surface is reflected in all directions and leads to irregular of diffused reflection of light. The light reflected from road is reflected in all directions and also reaches the eyes of driver which enables the drive to see the road clearly. Thus, it is possible for driver to drive more easily during the dry whether at night time.
Hence the correct option is (E) - the wet road reflects the light like a mirror (regular reflection) than does the dry road surface which reflects light in all directions.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 26th May, 2019, 09:33: PM
- when ray of light passes from one medium to another medium
- Define Huygens Principle
- An object is placed at 10 cm distance infront of a concave mirror of radius of curvature of 20 cm. Find the position,nature and magnification of the image.
- define wave front.state
- use wave theory to verify the laws of reflection and law of reflection
- state and explain huygens principle explain how a reflected wavefront is constructed when light travels from denser medium to rarer medium
- (a) In young’s double slit experiment, deduce the conditions for obtaining constructive and destructive interference fringes. Hence, deduce the expression for the fringe width. (b) Show that the fringe pattern on the screen is actually a superposition of slit diffraction from each slit. (c) What should be the width of each slit to obtain 10 maxima of the double slit pattern within the central maximum of the single slit pattern, for green light of wavelength 500 nm, if the separation between two slits is 1 mm?
- <div>obtain "laws of refraction "by using hygens principle</div>
- <div>what is the shape of the wavefront on earth for sunlight</div>
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number