Give reason why atom is electrical neutral but still it has a tendency to form ion
Asked by Ankitkholi2002 | 5th Feb, 2018, 04:41: AM
Atom is the smallest particle of matter, it has sub-particles like positively charged protons, chargeless neutrons present n the nucleus and negatively charged electrons which are revolved around the nucleus.
An atom has the number of positively charged protons equals the number of negatively charged electrons hence atom is electrically neutral.
Atom follows the octet rule which says that if an atom has to attain stability it should have eight electrons n its outermost shell. if an atom has less than 4 electrons in its outermost shell it will lose electrons to form cation to attain stability and if it has more than 4 electrons then it will accept electrons to complete its outermost shell with 8 electrons to attain stability and form an anion.
Answered by Ramandeep | 5th Feb, 2018, 09:11: AM
- convert the following temperature into Kelvin scale 30 degree Celsius 27 degree Celsius
- a cork float in water while the iron nail sink .give region
- how to calculate a molecular mass?
- an element x show 2 valancies of 3&5. workout the formula of 2 oxide of this element.
- What is the difference between atom and ion
- Who tells that atom is smallest unit of life
- how are molecules formed?
- Define Atom
- what is kinetic energy?
- What type of iron is (CO3)2. Discuss
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number