Find the ratio of the speeds of infra red rays and gamma rays in vacuum?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
The speed of the electromagnetic waves(whether its infra red rays or gamma rays) remain same no matter in which ever medium they travel.
Hence the ratio of the speeds of infra red rays and gamma rays in vacuum is 1:1.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- What is electromagnetic spectrum?
- What is/are the common factors between all kinds of electromagnetic radiations?
- What is the wavelength of electromagnetic wave of frequency 4 X 109 Hz in free space? Also state its applications.
- What is visible spectrum?
- State the uses of Infra Red Rays.
- Answer the following: a) Which part of the electromagnetic spectrum has largest penetrating power? b) Which part of the electromagnetic spectrum has highest frequency?
- Name which part of the electromagnetic spectrum is used for: a) Treating muscular strains b) To treatment of certain kinds of cancer c) Sterilizing Instruments
- Name the colours in the visible spectrum and their wavelengths in Armstrong.
- Write the physical limit of visible range of electromagnetic spectrum in kHz.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number