Find k so that X2+2x+k is a factor of 2x4+x3-14x2+5x+6.Also find the zeroes of the two polynomials.
Asked by bosesreyan | 2nd May, 2015, 09:18: PM
Use long division method for the given polynomials as shown below:
We get the remainder as .
Since, is a factor of the given polynomial, the remainder should be zero.
21+7k=0 and 2k2+8k+6=0 at the same time.
k= -3 satisfies both equations. Hence, k=-3.
So we can write the polynomial as
Hence, the zeroes of are
The above two are factors of the 4th degree polynomial as well.
The other two roots of the 4th degree polynomial are roots of the quadratic
Answered by satyajit samal | 4th May, 2015, 12:50: PM
- Find whether 3x+2 is a factor of 3x^4+ 5x^3+ 13x-x^2 + 10
- If two of the zeroes of the polynomial f(x)=x4-4x3-20x2+104x-105 are 3+√2 and 3-√2,then use the division algorithm to find the other zeroes of f(x).
- 2x⁴+x³-14x²-15x-8 divide by x²+3x+2
- Using division algorithm find the quotient and remainder of the following: I) x³-6x²+11x-6 by x²+x+1
- if m and n are divided by 4 then 2 and 3 are respectively the remainders find the remainder when m square + n square is divided by 4
- When a polynomial having degree more than 2 is divided by x-2 the remainder is 1.if it is divided by x-3 then remainder is 3.find the remainder,if it is divided by [x-2][x-3]
- If 3 and -3 are two zeros of the polynomial p(x)=x⁴+x³-11x²-9x+18, then find the remaining two zeros of the polynomial
- if x - root 5 is a factor of the cubic polynomial xcube -3 root 5x square +13x -3 root 5 then find all the zeroes of thee polynomial
- Long division??
- DEAR SIR / MADAM PLEASE FIND ATTACHED QUESTION PAPER, I REQUEST YOU TO PLEASE GIVE SOLUTION TO ALL THE QUESTIONS AS PER THE ATTACHMENT.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number