Explain the following concept in your own word with everyday example . Force ,work,displacement ,velocity, acceleration,distance
Asked by sujayavi2 | 9th Oct, 2018, 10:08: AM
Force : It is push or pull which changes the state of an object.
For example, if the ball is rolling on the ground and if the external force is not applied to it then the ball will come to rest due to force of friction.
Work: Work is defined as a force which causes the displacement of an object.
For example, if an object is acted upon by the force of 20 N and if is displaced by disatnce of 8 cm then the woork done is 160 J to move the object from the rest.
Displacement: The shortest distance travelled by an object from its initial position to final position is called displacement.
For example, if a particle is moving in circular path of radius 20 cm from its initial point A and after sometime reach point A again then the displacement of the particle will be zero as its final and initial point are same.
Acceleration: The rate of chnage of velocity with respect to time is called acceleration.
For example, if a driver decreases the speed of car from 25m/s to 10 m/s in 5 seconds then the accelartion of the car is
a= (v-u)/t = (10-25)/5 =-15/5= - 3 m/s2
Negative sign indicates that the car is deccelerating.
Distance: Distance travelled is actual length of path covered by a body or an object.
For exampe, if a particle is moving along the cirumference of circular path of radius 20 cm from its initial point A and after sometime reach point A again then the distance covered by the body the particles is 2∏r =2 x 3.14 x 20 = 125.6 cm.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 9th Oct, 2018, 11:20: AM
- If A has diameter of 6cm ams B has diameter of 12cm what ia the no of ratation A makes by the time B complete one rotation?
- when a ball is thrown into the air from certain point from the ground. and reaches a point on ground 50m from point of projection what its displacemt
- In a 100 meter race, Gourav and Sachin reached the finishing line at the same time. Which of the following are the possible graphs to show that both competitors reached the finishing line at time 't'.
- The distance travelled by an object at various intervals are as follows Distance (m) : 0 25 50 75 100 Time (s) : 0 2 4 6 8 What distance is the distance covered by the object at 5s and 7s
- Ram travels on a straight road. He goes from position A to position B. The distance between A and B is 4 Km. Now from position B he turns back and trvels a distance of 2 Km to reach the position C. a) Find the distance covered by Ram during the whole journey. b) Find the magnitude of his displacement.
- Calculate the speed of the car between points (i) A and origin and (ii) A and B whose distance-time graph is given below.
- Show the shape of the distance-time graph for the motion in the following cases: (i) A bike moving with a constant speed. (ii) A car parked on a road side.
- 1 cm on distance axis shows 1 m. How many cms axis do we need to show 10 km?
- (i) If 1 cm on a time axis shows 1 min. How many cms will show 1 hour on the axis?(ii) Find out the points from the graph where the motion can be uniform from point to point (considering object is travelling in a straight line).
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number