Derive mirror formula for concex mirror.
Asked by polyrelation | 15th Mar, 2019, 04:42: PM
Answered by Ankit K | 15th Mar, 2019, 10:05: PM
- a thin stick of length f/5 is placed along principle axis of a concave mirror of focal length f such that it's image which is real and elongated just touches the stick .what is the magnification
- Sign convention in concave mirror
- When a person is moving with a constant speed the speed of his/her image appears to increase substantially as he/she moves closer to the mirror as noticed by a person sitting in a stationary car. Why?
- A convex mirror of radius of curvature 70 cm and a plane mirror are placed facing each other. The distance between them is 28 cm. A point object is put midway between them on the principle axis of the mirror. Two images of the object are seen in the plane mirror. Find their distances from the plane mirror.
- 1. The interior of a hollow metal sphere is polished to serve as a mirror. At a point 12cm from the centre of the sphere of radius 24 cm, a point source of light is placed. Locate its image formed by two successive reflections, the first reflection taking place at the (a) far wall (b) near wall. 2. And image produced by a concave mirror is one fourth the size of the object. If the object is moved 10 cm towards the mirror, its image will be only half the size of the object. Calculate the focal length of the mirror.
- A point luminous source P is placed on the principle axis of a concave mirror of radius of radius of curvature 1m at a distance of 75 cm from its pole. At what distance from the concave mirror should a plane mirror be set so that the rays from P, after reflection from the concave mirror and then from the plane mirror again converge at the point P? Does the point of convergence of the rays change if they are first reflected at the plane mirror and then at the concave mirror?
- derive mirror formula
- sign convention in ray optics
- An object 4cm in size, is placed at 25cm infront of a concave mirror of focal length 15cm. At what distance from the mirror whould a screen be placed in order to obtain a sharp image?Find the nature and the size of the image.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number