compare and contrast the arrangement of elements in 'mendeleev's periodic table and the modern periodic table
Asked by pchandrakala20 | 22nd Apr, 2020, 09:57: AM
Mendeleev's Periodic Table
Modern periodic Table
1.Elements are arranged in the increasing order of their atomic masses.
1. Elements are arranged in the increasing order of their atomic numbers.
2.There are a total of 7 groups (columns) and 6 periods (rows).
2.There are a total of 18 groups (columns) and 7 periods (rows).
3. The position of hydrogen could not be explained.
3. Hydrogen is placed above alkali metals as it has one valence electron.
4.No distinguishing positions for metals and non-metals was assigned.
4.Metals are present at the left hand side of the periodic table whereas non-metals are present at the right hand side.
|Mendeleev's Periodic Table||Modern periodic Table|
|1.Elements are arranged in the increasing order of their atomic masses.||1. Elements are arranged in the increasing order of their atomic numbers.|
|2.There are a total of 7 groups (columns) and 6 periods (rows).||2.There are a total of 18 groups (columns) and 7 periods (rows).|
|3. The position of hydrogen could not be explained.||3. Hydrogen is placed above alkali metals as it has one valence electron.|
|4.No distinguishing positions for metals and non-metals was assigned.||4.Metals are present at the left hand side of the periodic table whereas non-metals are present at the right hand side.|
Answered by Ramandeep | 22nd Apr, 2020, 10:37: PM
- 1. Electronic configuration of an element ‘x’ is 2.8.1 and for ‘Y’ 2.8.7 then mention the bond existing between 2 elements. a) Covalent bond b) Ionic bond c) Hydrogen bond d) Metallic bond 2. Identify the element in a 2nd period and 14th group with valency 4. a) Carbon –C b) Silicon – Si c) Boron – B d) Fluorine – F 3. Modern periodic law state that “the properties of elements are the periodic function of their ___________. a) Atomic number b) Atomic mass c) Valiancy d) Atomic radius. Name the group of hydrogen. 9. In a Modern periodic table how the ionization energy, metallic nature and atomic radius vary? 10. 6 C 12 , 20Ca40 , 21SC45 Write the Electronic configuration of given elements and mention the group period and block
- How tp learn the symbols element
- drawbacks of mendeleev and modern periodic table with example
- Que:-How it can be proved that the basic structure of the Modern Periodic Table is based on the electronic configuration of atoms of different elements?
- how does the atomic size vary as you go down a group?
- Just as the way we locate a point on graph as (x, y), can we locate an element as (group number, period)?
- Dear teachers give some questions. From the chapter periodic classification of element .. that will come on board
- what are noble gases
- please explain diagonal relationship
- Please answer this question given in the image...
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number