Classify emulsions and give example of each kind.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
Process of preparing emulsions is called Emulsification. E.g.: proteins, gum, Emulsions are classified as:
Oil/Water: Phase (oil) medium(water) e.g. milk(fat + water), vanishing cream (oil + water).
Water/Oil: Phase (water) medium (oil) e.g. butter, cold cream, cod liver oil.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- What do you mean by emulsion and emulsification?
- What do you mean by (a) alcosol (b) hydrosol?
- What is the environmental importance of aerosols?
- What type of colloidal system foam is? Give example.
- Give a test to distinguish between two types of emulsions.
- Write short note on stability of emulsions.
- What kind of colloid is fog?
- Explain a sol & gel and how they can be inter converted.
- Give two examples of man made colloids and natural colloids.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number