Choose a point on the line with equation y=1/2x. Find the equation of the line passing through the point and
1 parralel to y-axis
2 perpendicular to y-axis
3 with slope 1/2
Asked by lovemaan5500 | 8th Nov, 2017, 06:08: AM
Using y=1/2 x,
we can select (2,1) on it.
1) We need to find the equation of a line passing through (2,1) and parallel to y-axis.
Equation is x=2
2) We need to find the equation of a line passing through (2,1) and perpendicular to y-axis.
Equation is y=1
3) We need to find the equation of a line passing through (2,1) and with a slope 1/2.
Answered by Nooren | 28th Nov, 2017, 12:26: PM
- exercise 12 b q 8 (eq. of a straight line)
- a straight line makes on the coordinate axes positive intercepts whose sum is 5.if the line passes through P(-3,4),find its equations
- find the equation of a line having inclination 60 and making an intercept of -1/3 on y axis
- Q. 37
- Q5 a part
- Write the equation of perpendicular bisector of line joining A(4,2) and B(-3,-5)
- Find the equations of the diagonal of a rectangle whose sides are x+1=0,x-4=0,y+1=0 and y-2=0.
- Plz explain the step highlighted Why are they added and why the sum is equal to1
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number