Can gravitational potential energy be 0. If yes how?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
Yes, gravitational potential energy can be 0 when there is an infinite separation between the two interacting bodies.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- A tunnel is dug along the diameter of the earth. There is a particle of mass m at the centre of the tunnel. Find the minimum velocity given to the particle so that is just reaches to the surface of the earth (R=radius of the earth)
- If R is the radius of earth,then find the energy required to move a body of mass m from an orbit of radius 2R to 3R.
- Three masses, each of 1 kg, are placed on the vertices of equilateral triangle of side of length 0.4m.What is the total gravitational potential energy of the configuration?
- If the radius of a planet is doubled than of earth with same average densities. What is the ratio there escape velocities.
- A body of 50 gm has an escape velocity of 11.2 km/s what will be the escape velocity of 1 kg body?
- What is escape velocity? Derive its formula.
- Calculate the gravitational potential energy of sun.
- Find the gravitational intensity and the gravitational potential at the surface of a planet with mass 7 x 1020 kg and radius 1.5 x 106 m.(G = 6.67 x 10-11Nm2kg-2).
- In a gravitational field there is a point A where the gravitational potential is 0. Will the gravitational energy be 0?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number