A tunnel is dug along the diameter of the earth. There is a particle of mass m at the centre of the tunnel. Find the minimum velocity given to the particle so that is just reaches to the surface of the earth (R=radius of the earth)
Asked by akkamal03 | 26th May, 2020, 12:11: PM
Here we are required to find, minimum velocity given to the particle so that is just reaches to the surface of the earth
Hence, by applying law of conservation of energy,
Initial Total energy of particle = Final energy of particle
Initially the energy of the particle at the centre of the Earth is given as,
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 26th May, 2020, 07:05: PM
- If R is the radius of earth,then find the energy required to move a body of mass m from an orbit of radius 2R to 3R.
- Three masses, each of 1 kg, are placed on the vertices of equilateral triangle of side of length 0.4m.What is the total gravitational potential energy of the configuration?
- If the radius of a planet is doubled than of earth with same average densities. What is the ratio there escape velocities.
- Can gravitational potential energy be 0. If yes how?
- A body of 50 gm has an escape velocity of 11.2 km/s what will be the escape velocity of 1 kg body?
- What is escape velocity? Derive its formula.
- Calculate the gravitational potential energy of sun.
- Find the gravitational intensity and the gravitational potential at the surface of a planet with mass 7 x 1020 kg and radius 1.5 x 106 m.(G = 6.67 x 10-11Nm2kg-2).
- In a gravitational field there is a point A where the gravitational potential is 0. Will the gravitational energy be 0?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number