Asked by Subhamjha0834 | 13th May, 2019, 08:05: PM
Since it is given that the first three numbers forms an A.P.
Let the these three numbers be a - d, a , a + d.
a - d + a + d = 2 ... given
→ a = 1
Since it is given that the last three numbers forms an G.P.
Let the these three numbers be a, ar and ar2 .
a + ar2 = 26 ... given
→a (1 + r2) = 26
→ r2 = 25
→ r = ± 5
The numbers are a - d , a , a + d = ar , ar2.
a + d = ar
→ 1 + d = 1 × ±5
→ d = 4 or d = -6
When a= 1 and d = 4 and r = 5 then the numbers will be -3, 1, 5, 25
and when a= 1 and d = -6 and r = -5 then the numbers will be 7, 1, -5, 25
Answered by Yasmeen Khan | 14th May, 2019, 10:18: AM
- What is AP
- determine which term of the AP 121,117,113 ....... is the first negative term
- Divide 96 into four parts which are in AP and the ratio between product of their mean to product of their exterme is 15:7
- If the sum of first m terms is n,and sum of first n terms is m,show that sum of first (m+n) terms is equal to -(m+n)
- Kanika was given her pocket money on 1st Jan 2016 .she puts ₹1 on day 1,₹ 2on day 2 and ₹ 3 on day 3 and continued on doing so till the end of the month ,from this money into her piggy bank. She also spent ₹204 of her pocket money and was found that at end of the month she still has ₹100 with her . How much money was her pocket money for the month?
- If 8times of the 8th term of an AP is equal to 13 times of the 13th term, show that 21st term of an AP is zero.
- The 3rd term of an GP is 4. Find the product of its first 5 terms.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number