A truck is hauling a trailer along a level road as figure illustrates.The mass of truck is m1=8500kg and that of the trailer is m2=27000kg.The 2 move with an acceleration of a=0.78m/s^2.Ignore the regarding forces of friction and air resistances.
(a)The magnitude of the tension in the horizontal drawbar between the trailer and the truck.
(b)The force that propels the truck forward:
(c)The action and reaction forces are:
Asked by saxenas55555 | 1st Jan, 2018, 11:44: PM
The combined system has common acceleration 0.78 m/s2.
(1) trucks pulls the trailer with the force F2 which is same as the tension appearing in the drawbar is 27000×0.78 = 21060 N.
(2) the force that propels the truck is (27000+8500)×0.78 = 27690 N
(3) action force is F2. reaction force is T
Answered by | 4th Jan, 2018, 08:27: PM
- What is Newtons third law of motion
- I would like to know whether action and reaction can be interchanged in newtons third law
- according to newtons third law to every action there is equal and opposite reaction but I have a doubt whether action should happen first or the reaction
- Hitting the ball to the floor is an example for Newton's third law?
- First law and second law and third law motion examples
- 3 rd law motion formula
- If action and reaction forces are equal and opposite, then why do they result in change in momentum of the body?
- Why is it difficult for a fireman to hold a hose pipe, which ejects a large amount of water at a high velocity?
- Why does a gunman get a jerk on firing a bullet?
- How does Newton's third law explain the walking on the road?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number