A school has four storied building. Some students go by staircase whereas some go by the elevator. It is observed that students going by steps feel fresher throughout the day as compared to those who go by the elevator. What values are expressed in the above paragraph
Comment on thermodynamic nature of the work done by two students
Which law application here and how?
Asked by anura_132001 | 22nd Oct, 2017, 03:40: PM
Human body obeys the laws of thermodynamics. When we exersise, some of the food energy gets converted into muscle work, but most of energy is converted into thermal energy.
In first case, students are in open system they go by staircase, they start to feel warm & will starts sweating. This is the process their body uses to cool itself means their body maintain equlibrium. Then heat from their body transfer to surrounding, here in this case both 1st and 2nd law of thermodynamic is in action which is no heat is lost, it merely transferred and approches equlibrium with maximum entropy
In case of elevator they are in closed system, their body will undrgo three diffrent equlibrium i.e. before entering elevator, inside the elevator and after coming out of elevator. here 1st and 2nd law of thermodynamics are applicable.
Answered by Ramandeep | 24th Oct, 2017, 06:47: PM
- mass of aluminium is 500 gm .how much amount of heat needs to supply in order to increase its temperature by 40 degree celcius
- what is the example of a system and surrounding please explain the differnce btween the two
- define boiling point??
- Name the law of thermodynamics given by the mathematical expression .
- What is the main limitation of the first law of thermodynamics?
- Which process has the apparatus completely insulated?
- State the condition in which the change in the internal energy of a system () is equal to the heat exchanged q.
- State the Zeroth law of thermodynamics.
- Identify Open, closed or nearly isolated systems from the following. Earth, human beings, can of tomato soup, ice cube tray filled with water, satellite in orbit, coffee in thermos flask, helium filled balloon.
- State the effect of the following processes on the total energy content of the system (i) Work done by the system (ii) Heat transferred to the surroundings
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number