A ray of light incident normally on a prism of 60 degree angles .Show the path of the light ray till it emerges out of the prism. The critical angle of glass is 42 degree
Asked by paldebtaru | 19th Jun, 2021, 08:21: AM
Light ray incident normally on side of prism at A . As seen from figure , light ray incident with angle of incidence 60o at B on oposite side .
Since angle of incidence is greater than critical angle , total internal reflection is taking place at B.
Hence light ray is reflected at B with angle of reflection 60o .
As can be seen from figure , reflected light ray makes normal incidence at C on third side of prism .
Hence the light ray emerges out of the prism by making angle 90o with the third side of prism.
If light ray makes normal incidence at one side , then it emerges out from third side by making 90o with third side .
Overall deviation is 60o
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 19th Jun, 2021, 09:24: AM
- why does the refractionn does not happen in total internal reflection
- Can you explain internal refraction in prism? What is the relationship between critical angle and refractive index?
- What colour of the sun is seen when seen from the surface of the moon?
- Please give the solution
- Why in total internal reflection,light ray must pass from denser to rarer medium ONLY?
- Draw a labelled diagram to show a deviation of 90° using a right-angled prism.
- Why for total internal reflection light must travel from denser to rarer medium? please tell me sir
- Practical file to verify laws of reflection of light ( complete activity consisting of- aim,appratus,tools,theory experimental setup, procedure, observations,result )
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number