Why for total internal reflection light must travel from denser to rarer medium? please tell me sir
Asked by gopalsahasubhri | 4th Feb, 2019, 08:34: AM
As you know when light ray travel from denser to rarer medium its bends away from the normal. That it will try to touch The surface of contact between two different media if it has been incident on a particular angle.
If light ray travel from rarer to denser it bend towards the normal which means it will never touch the surface of contact.
Diagram is attached.
Answered by Ankit K | 4th Feb, 2019, 07:04: PM
- why does the refractionn does not happen in total internal reflection
- Can you explain internal refraction in prism? What is the relationship between critical angle and refractive index?
- What colour of the sun is seen when seen from the surface of the moon?
- Please give the solution
- Why in total internal reflection,light ray must pass from denser to rarer medium ONLY?
- Draw a labelled diagram to show a deviation of 90° using a right-angled prism.
- Practical file to verify laws of reflection of light ( complete activity consisting of- aim,appratus,tools,theory experimental setup, procedure, observations,result )
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number