A non-metal A which is the largest constituent of air combines with hydrogen on heating in the presence of Fe (as catalyst) and forms a gas B. When this gas B is treated with H²SO4, compound C is formed which is broadly used as chemical fertiliser.
(¡) identify A, b and C.
(¡¡)locate the position of A in the mordern periodic table.
(¡¡¡)which elements are present before and after the element A ?
(¡v) write the electronic configuration of element A.
Asked by pdcavita | 29th Nov, 2017, 10:09: PM
Non-metal A is Nitrogen which is the largest constituent of air combines with hydrogen on heating in the presence of Fe (as catalyst) and forms a gas B i.e., Ammonia NH3
When this ammonia gas is treated with H2SO4, compound C i.e. ammonium sulphate is formed which is broadly used as chemical fertiliser.
i) Compound A is Nitrogen Compound B is Ammonia and compound C is Ammonium nitrate.
ii) Position of Nitrogen in periodic table = Group is 15, VA and period is 2
iii) Carbon is present before the Nitrogen and Oxygen is present after the oxygen.
iv) electronic configuration of nitrogen : 1s2 2s2 2p3
Answered by Ramandeep | 30th Nov, 2017, 12:55: PM
- Please answer the 17
- How does the atomic size vary across a period ? Give reason.
- who gave modern periodic table
- What are isobars?
- How to find valency
- which is modern perodic law ?
- find the odd man out and state its reason helium,radon,argon,boron
- how to remember the valancies of elements?
- How many groups and periods were in Mendeleev's periodic table?
- how can we find the electro negitivity of an atom
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number