A non-metal A which is the largest constituent of air combines with hydrogen on heating in the presence of Fe (as catalyst) and forms a gas B. When this gas B is treated with H²SO4, compound C is formed which is broadly used as chemical fertiliser.
(¡) identify A, b and C.
(¡¡)locate the position of A in the mordern periodic table.
(¡¡¡)which elements are present before and after the element A ?
(¡v) write the electronic configuration of element A.
Asked by pdcavita | 29th Nov, 2017, 10:09: PM
Non-metal A is Nitrogen which is the largest constituent of air combines with hydrogen on heating in the presence of Fe (as catalyst) and forms a gas B i.e., Ammonia NH3
When this ammonia gas is treated with H2SO4, compound C i.e. ammonium sulphate is formed which is broadly used as chemical fertiliser.
i) Compound A is Nitrogen Compound B is Ammonia and compound C is Ammonium nitrate.
ii) Position of Nitrogen in periodic table = Group is 15, VA and period is 2
iii) Carbon is present before the Nitrogen and Oxygen is present after the oxygen.
iv) electronic configuration of nitrogen : 1s2 2s2 2p3
Answered by Ramandeep | 30th Nov, 2017, 12:55: PM
- drawbacks of mendeleev and modern periodic table with example
- Que:-How it can be proved that the basic structure of the Modern Periodic Table is based on the electronic configuration of atoms of different elements?
- how does the atomic size vary as you go down a group?
- Just as the way we locate a point on graph as (x, y), can we locate an element as (group number, period)?
- Dear teachers give some questions. From the chapter periodic classification of element .. that will come on board
- what are noble gases
- please explain diagonal relationship
- Please answer this question given in the image...
- what is medlevs law
- compare and contrast the arrangement of elements in 'mendeleev's periodic table and the modern periodic table
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number