a body of mass 5 kg is thrown vertically upward with a velocity of 20 metre per second find
1- initial kinetic energy
2-kinetic energy and potential energy after 1 second( given g =10 /s^2)
Asked by karanbora625 | 26th Oct, 2019, 06:44: PM
m = 5 kg
u = 20 m/s (Initial velocity)
Initial kinetic energy,
K.E. = 1/2 mv2
K.E = 1/2 × (5) (20)2
K.E. = 1000 J
Thus, initial kinetic energy is 1000 J
Now, the speed with which the body is thrown is 20 m/s
Thus, height reached by body after 1 s is,
h = ut + 0.5 gt2
h = (20) (1) +0.5 (-10) (1) ... (negative sign for g indicates that the body is thrown against the gravity)
h = 15 m
P.E. = mgh = 5 × 10 × 15 = 750 J
The initial kinetic energy = total energy required to throw the body
Kinetic energy after 1 s is,
T.E = P.E. + K.E. (after 1 s)
1000 J = 750 J + K.E. (after 1 s)
K.E (after 1 s) = 1000 - 750 = 250 J
Thus, after 1 s, the kinetic energy will get completely converted
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 28th Oct, 2019, 06:36: PM
- did the kilometer is a SI unit of measurement
- Which energy source is renewable
- Please solve.
- When do we say that work is done ?
- What is potential energy,kinetical energy,power?
- what is conservation of energy? Explain with an example example.
- explain how energy is conserved in a simple pendulum
- ANOBJECT OF MASS 40KG IS RAISED AT A HEIGHT OF 5M ABOVE THE GROUND . WHATIS ITS POTENTIAL ENERGY ? IF THE OBJECT IS ALLOWED TO FALL FIND ITS KINETIC ENERGY WHEN IT IS HALF WAY DOWN?
- According to the law of conservation of energy, energy can neither be created not be destroyed but it can transfer from one person to other! But when a labour is working he uses his all energy in work but when he ate food he again gets energy ! This means energy can be created and can be destroyed
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number