A baloon starts raising from the surface of the earth. The ascent rate is constant and equal to V0. Due to thge wind the baloon geathers the horizontal velocity component Vx = ay, where a is a constant and y is the height of ascent. Find how the following quantities depend on the height of ascent (a) the horizontal drift of the baloon and (b) the total tangential and normal acclerations of the baloon ?
Asked by sudhanshubhushanroy | 20th Jun, 2017, 01:11: PM
Answered by Yashvanti Jain | 20th Jun, 2017, 03:24: PM
- Assertion :pseudo force in an imaginary force which is recognized only by a non inertial observer to explain the physical situation according to Newton's laws Reason:pseudo force has no physical origin of the the basic interaction in nature, it doesn't exist as on action reaction .
- What are contact forces? Give some examples of contact and non contact forces.
- What is Normal Reaction? Explain with diagram.
- Give the formula of Spring Force and state the significance of the negative sign.
- A gardener is mowing a lawn by pushing and pulling the machine. In which condition is the normal force highest?
- Consider a book lying on a table. Which forces are acting on the book?
- What do you mean by equilibrium under concurrent forces?
- Two forces of 5 kg and 12 kg are connected at the two end of the light inextensible string that passes over a frictionless pulley. Find the acceleration of the masses and the tension in the string, when the masses are released.
- A weighing machine inside a stationary lift reads 50 kgf, when a man stands on it. What would happen to the weighing machine reading, if the lift is moving with constant velocity and constant acceleration?
- The three blocks of mass 4 kg, 5 kg, and 6 kg are suspended with the string, which is passed over a pulley. Calculate the tension T1, T2, and T3 when the whole system is moving with an acceleration of 5 m/s2.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number