Asked by gauravmore604 | 4th Nov, 2019, 03:31: PM
(x + 2)2 + (y - 3)2 = 4
Let the coordinate be M(h, k)
B is the midpoint of A and M
B(h/2, k + 3/2)
As AB is the chord of a circle.
x2 + 4x + (y - 3)2 = 0
B must satisfy above equation
h2/4 + 4h/2 + [1/2 (k + 3) - 3]2 = 0
h2 + k2 + 8h - 6k + 9 = 0
x2 + y2 + 8x - 6y + 9 = 0
If you simplify option B we get the same equation as above.
Answered by Sneha shidid | 5th Nov, 2019, 09:26: AM
- Examine whether the point (4, 5) lies outside or inside the circle of equation x^2+y^2-2x-3=0
- SIR PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS QUESTIONS : 1. Find the equation of the tangent to the circle x^2+y^2=16 drawn from the point (1,4). 2. How many triangles can be formed by joining any 3 of the 9 points when i) no 3 of them are collinear? ii) 5 of them are collinear? 3. AB is a line of fixed length, 6 units, joining the points A(t,0) and B which lies on thepositive y axis. P is a point on AB distant 2 units from A. Express the coordinates of B and P in terms of t. Find the locus of P as t varies. 4. In a triangle ABC, (b^2 - c^2) / (b^2 + c^2) = sin(B - C) / sin(B + C), prove that it is either a right-angled or isoceles triangle.
- The locus of point for which sum of the squares of distances from cordinate axes is 25 is
- A stadium is in circular shape. Within the stadium some areas have been allotted for a hockey court and a javelin range, as given in the figure. Assume the shape of the hockey court and the javelin range to be square and triangle, resp. The curators would like to accommodate a few more sports in the stadium. Help them by measuring the unallocated region within the stadium.(the radius of the stadium is 200 mts.)
- Find the equation of the circle with centre (-2,3) and radius 4.
- Find the centre and radius of the circle given by the equation (x + 5)2 + (y + 1 )2 = 9
- Find the co-ordinates of the centre and the radius of the circle given by the equation x2 + y2 + 6x - 8y - 24 = 0.
- Find the equation of a circle whose coordinates of the end points of the diameter are (-3,2) and (2,-4).
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number