30 ml each of oxygen and hydrogen and carbon monoxide are reacted in a container. What will be the volume and composition of the resulting mixture of the gases?
2H2 + O2 →2H2O
2CO+ O2 → 2CO2
Asked by dafk04.dp | 6th May, 2021, 06:22: PM
2H2 + O2 → 2H2O
2CO+ O2 → 2CO2
According to stoichiometry from the chemical equations,
H2 and O2 reacts in 2:1 ratio.
and CO and O2 also reacts in 2:1 ratio.
So, 15ml of O2 will react with H2 and 15ml of O2 will react with CO.
According to stoichiometry,
2V of H2 produces = 2V of H2O
So, 30ml of H2 will produce= 30 ml of H2O
Similarly, CO2 produced= 30ml
So, in final mixture volume of gases(CO2+H2O)-
Volume of CO2 =30 ml
Volume of H2O= 30ml
Answered by Ravi | 15th May, 2021, 07:49: PM
- differentiate between N2 and 2N
- what is stoichiometry in simple word?
- V1=10, V2=20 P1=2 P2=?
- 20ml h2 10ml co and 20ml o2 are exploded in an eudiometer. what will be the vol. and composition of the mixture after cooling it to room temp.
- can you pls uplaod more videos on how to solve gay lussacs
- numericals on lussacs law
- Answer to that question
- Why does inflating a balloon seem to violate Boyles law?
- Please explain how to solve using Gay Lussac's law of combining volumes: 1)20ml. each of oxygen and hydrogen and 10 ml. of carbon monoxide are exploded in an enclosure .What will be the volume and composition of the mixture of the gases when they are cooled to room temperature. 2)100cc each of water gas and oxygen are ignited and the resultant mixture of gases cooled to room temperature.Calculate the composition of the resultant mixture.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number