1. Electronic configuration of an element ‘x’ is 2.8.1 and for ‘Y’ 2.8.7 then mention
the bond existing between 2 elements.
a) Covalent bond b) Ionic bond
c) Hydrogen bond d) Metallic bond
2. Identify the element in a 2nd period and 14th group with valency 4.
a) Carbon –C b) Silicon – Si
c) Boron – B d) Fluorine – F
3. Modern periodic law state that “the properties of elements are the periodic function
of their ___________.
a) Atomic number b) Atomic mass
c) Valiancy d) Atomic radius. Name the group of hydrogen.
9. In a Modern periodic table how the ionization energy, metallic nature and atomic
, 21SC45 Write the Electronic configuration of given elements and mention
the group period and block
Asked by ksheera36 | 3rd Jun, 2021, 08:35: PM
1. Electronic configuration of Element X is 2,8,1 and Y is 2,8,7
Element X needs to release one electron to attain stability. After releasing one electron, it has 8 electrons in outermost shell(complete octet). From this electronic configuration we can say X is Metal.
Similarly, Y needs to gain one electron to attain stability. After gaining one electron, It has 8 electrons in outermost shell(compolete octet). From this we can say that this element is non-metal.
Bonding between metal and non-metal is Ionic bond.
Answered by Ravi | 4th Jun, 2021, 09:13: PM
- Modern period table
- How tp learn the symbols element
- drawbacks of mendeleev and modern periodic table with example
- Que:-How it can be proved that the basic structure of the Modern Periodic Table is based on the electronic configuration of atoms of different elements?
- how does the atomic size vary as you go down a group?
- Just as the way we locate a point on graph as (x, y), can we locate an element as (group number, period)?
- Dear teachers give some questions. From the chapter periodic classification of element .. that will come on board
- what are noble gases
- please explain diagonal relationship
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number