NCERT Solution for Class 6 Civics Chapter 7 - Urban Administration
NCERT Textbook Solutions are considered extremely helpful when preparing for your CBSE Class 6 Civics exam. TopperLearning study resources infuse profound knowledge, and our Textbook Solutions compiled by our subject experts are no different. Here you will find all the answers to the NCERT textbook questions of Chapter 7 - Urban Administration.
All our solutions for Chapter 7 - Urban Administration are prepared considering the latest CBSE syllabus, and they are amended from time to time. Our free NCERT Textbook Solutions for CBSE Class 6 Civics will strengthen your fundamentals in this chapter and can help you to score more marks in the examination. Refer to our Textbook Solutions any time, while doing your homework or while preparing for the exam.
NCERT Solution for Class 6 Civics Chapter 7 - Urban Administration Page/Excercise 63
The children went to Yasmin Khala's house to find out who was assigned to replace the damaged street light. They had gone to her house because Rehana's mom had told them that the Municipal Corporation took care of replacing street lights, and that the best person they could ask would be Yasmin Khala as she had recently retired from the Municipal Corporation.
The ways in which the work of the Municipal Corporation affects the life of a city dweller are
● Garbage collection and disposal
● Building and maintaining schools, hospitals and dispensaries
● Supply of safe drinking water
● Controlling disease breakout
● Laying, maintaining and repairing roads
● Supply of electricity
● Installing, maintaining and repairing street lights
A Municipal Councillor is an elected representative of a ward. When the people of a ward have certain grievances, they go to their local Councillor for help. The Councillors are responsible for their wards and have to ensure that the demands of their wards are placed before the entire council. When decisions regarding the city as a whole are to be taken, the Councillors of different wards come together to form committees.
Gangabai collected a large number of women and went to the Commissioner along with the Ward Councillor to protest against the garbage dumps all over her area.
According to Yasmin Khala, at one point, their neighbourhood used to have garbage lying all over. The situation had become so bad that children stopped playing as their parents were afraid that they would get sick from staying on the streets too long. The women in the neighbourhood were understandably very unhappy about the situation.
The Municipal Corporation earns the money to do its work from various taxes paid by the citizens of the country. The taxes paid are
● Water Tax
● Property Tax
● Education Tax
● Entertainment Tax
● Other Services
NCERT Solution for Class 6 Civics Chapter 7 - Urban Administration Page/Excercise 64
(i) The 2nd photo provides safety to the person disposing the garbage.
(ii) The dangers of collecting garbage shown in the manner of the 1st photo are
- Breathing problems
- Falling sick
- Skin diseases
- Poisonous gas infection
(iii) Proper ways of disposing garbage are not available to those who work in municipalities perhaps because of the careless and negligent attitude of the municipal corporations towards the people responsible for collecting and disposing garbage.
- It is important that the Corporation should spend more money on slum localities because the major workforce lives in these colonies. They work so hard that the economic activities of the city run smoothly. Hence, adequate money should be spent on the betterment of the slum locations.
- The Constitution of India talks about providing ‘equality of status and opportunity’ to everyone. It also speaks about providing ‘social, economic and political justice’ to each individual. Therefore, the problem of unequal living conditions needs to be addressed.
- The Municipal Corporation should provide the poor in the city with the same facilities that the rich get. It should ensure that the poor do not experience any discrimination.
NCERT Social and Political Life Class 6 Chapter Solutions
CBSE Class 6 Textbook Solutions
Browse Study Material
Browse questions & answers
TopperLearning provides step-by-step solutions for each question in each chapter in the NCERT textbook. Access Chapter 7 - Urban Administration here for free.
Our NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Civics are by our subject matter experts. These NCERT Textbook Solutions will help you to revise the whole chapter, and you can increase your knowledge of Civics. If you would like to know more, please get in touch with our counsellor today!