What should be the greatest size of measuring can if the milk in the two containers of 12 litres and 18 litres full of milk is exactly measured?
The size of the Can cannot be greater than 12 lit or 18 lit hence it has to be the HCF of 12 and 18.
Since HCF is Product of the smallest power of each common factor in the numbers, HCF = 2 x 3 = 6.
Hence the size of the largest Can is 6 litres.
You have rated this answer /10
- CBSE Sample Papers for Class 10 Mathematics
- R S Aggarwal and V Aggarwal Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- RD Sharma Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- NCERT Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Previous year papers with Solutions Class 10 Mathematics