PQ is the chord of length 8 cm of a circle of radii 5 cm. The tangents at P and Q intersect at a point T. Find the length TP. Please give the solution in a simpler way.
Given, PQ is the chord of the circle and PT and QT are the tangents drawn at the end points of the chord PQ. PQ = 8cm and OP = 5cm.
Drawa OM perpendicular PQ and join OT
? PM = RM = 8/2 cm = 4 cm (Perpendicular from the centre of the circle to a chord bisect the chord)
Now in triangle OMP
You have rated this answer /10
- CBSE Sample Papers for Class 10 Mathematics
- NCERT Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- R S Aggarwal and V Aggarwal Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- RD Sharma Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Previous year papers with Solutions Class 10 Mathematics