Microorganisms cause diseases in both animals and plants, yet they are considered friends. Why? Give two examples of microorganisms and how they act as friends.
Microorganisms are considered friends because they help us in daily life activities such as
- Preparation of curd, bread and cakes
- Commercial production of alcohol, wine and vinegar
- Preparation of medicines
- Used in agriculture to increase soil fertility
- In cleaning up of the environment
Examples of microorganisms:
- Lactobacillus helps promote curdling of milk (turning milk into curd).
- Rhizobium bacteria help in nitrogen fixation.
You have rated this answer /10