Easy way to split the middle term in a quadratic equation to know its factorors.
Method splitting the middle term of the equation ax2+bx+c=0 where
a ¹ 0.
i. Form the product “ac”
ii. Find a pair of numbers b1 and b2 whose product is “ac” and whose sum is “b”. Write all the factors of ac and try out different combinations to sum up and then find b1 and b2
iii. Express the term bx as b1x + b2x .Now factor by grouping pairs of terms
You have rated this answer /10
- CBSE Sample Papers for Class 10 Mathematics
- R S Aggarwal and V Aggarwal Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- RD Sharma Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- NCERT Textbook Solutions for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Previous year papers with Solutions Class 10 Mathematics