1) What is coordination no of atoms :
A) IN A CUBIC CLOSE PACKED STRUCTURE
b) In abcc
2) A cubic solid is made of two elements P & Q . Atoms of Q are at the corners of the cube and P at the body centre.What is formula of the compound? What are the coordination no P & Q ?
3) If the radius of octahedral void is are r and radius of the atoms in close packing is R derive relation between r & R ?
4 ) Ferric oxide crystallise in a hexagonal close packed array of oxides ions with two out of every three octahedral holes occupied by ferric ions. derive the formula of ferric oxide.
5) Gold (atomic radius = 0.144 nm) crystallise in a ff centred unit cell.what is the length of a side of the cell ?
6) ALUMINIUM CRYSTALLISE IN A CUBIC CLOSE PACKED STRUCTURE . Its metallic radius is 125 pm
How many unit cells are there in 1.00 cm3 of aluminium ?
7) If NaCl is dopped with 10-3 mol % of SrCl2.what is the concentration of cation vacancies ?