CBSE Class 9 Physics Distance Time Graphs
Distance can never be
In the distance-time graph, time is always plotted along the
For a body at rest, the distance-time graph is a straight line perpendicular to the
- An ant and a mosquito are at one of the vertices of cubical classroom having side length They have to reach ar diagonally opposite point of the eubidar dassroom. Find the displacement and minimum distance covered by both of them
- what is distance time
- what is velocity
- Using a spreadsheet, draw graph between distance and time, using the information about the movement of Amar, Akbar and Anthony given in the table on page 4,in the lesson on Law of Motion. What precautions will you take while drawing the graph
- Plot the points (2,3) (-2,3) (-2,-3) and (2,-3) on a graph sheet. Join these points. Name the figure obtained. Also, find the area of the figure so obtained.
- What is the shape of a displacement-time graph for a non-uniform linear motion?
- graph for activity 8.9 table 8.4
- An ant crawls around the edge of a leaf, can you measure the distance covered by the ant ? Clearly document the process you adopt and find the measurement .
- What is the nature of distance-time graphs for uniform and non-uniform motion of an object?
- The graph given below shows how three runners A, B and C ran a 200-metre race. Answer the following questions: (i) Which runner won the race? (ii) Which runner stopped for a rest and how long did he stop for? (iii) How long did the runner B take to complete the race? (iv) Calculate the runner A’s average speed.
More videos from this chapterView All
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number