CBSE Class 9 Physics Distance Time Graphs
For an object at rest, the slope of the distance-time graph is
A steeply inclined distance-time graph indicates ________ speed.
By calculating the slope of a distance-time graph, we can estimate the _____ of the body.
- What is the shape of a displacement-time graph for a non-uniform linear motion?
- graph for activity 8.9 table 8.4
- An ant crawls around the edge of a leaf, can you measure the distance covered by the ant ? Clearly document the process you adopt and find the measurement .
- What is the nature of distance-time graphs for uniform and non-uniform motion of an object?
- The graph given below shows how three runners A, B and C ran a 200-metre race. Answer the following questions: (i) Which runner won the race? (ii) Which runner stopped for a rest and how long did he stop for? (iii) How long did the runner B take to complete the race? (iv) Calculate the runner A’s average speed.
- The distance-time table for a car is given. Time Distance (km) 7.00 p.m 0 7.15 p.m 5 7.30 p.m 10 7.45 p.m 15 8.00 p.m 20 8.15 p.m 25 8.30 p.m 25 8.45 p.m 25 9.00 p.m 29 9.15 p.m 33 9.30 p.m 37 9.45 p.m 45 10.00 p.m 55 Answer the following questions: (a)Plot the graph of the distance travelled with time. (b)Which portion of the graph shows that the motion of the car is non-uniform? (c)Which portion of the graph shows that the car is at rest? (d)Which portion of the graph shows that the motion of the car is uniform? (e)Calculate the speed of car during uniform motion.
- The distance-time graph for a car is given. Assume that the car moves with uniform speed, answer the following: (a) During which period was the car traveling at the greatest speed? (b) During which period was the car moving with the least speed? (c) What is the average speed of the car between 10.15 am and 11.15 am? (d) What is the average speed of the car for the entire journey?
- Plot the distance-time graph: (i) when particle is at rest (ii) when particles moves with uniform speed
- The graph shows the position of a body at different times. Calculate the speed of the body as it moves from (i) A to B (ii) B to C and (iii) C to D
- What will be the distance - time graph of a train standing at a station?
More videos from this chapterView All
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number