CBSE Class 8 Science Force and Pressure
- We say that pressure is defined as the amount of force exerted on an unit area and if the area is decreased, pressure increases For example an iron nail would be applying more pressure than any other thing let's say 100 N per m square but the question is an iron nail doesn't cover an area of m square so why do we say 100 N per m square
- If the force applied on an area of 40 cm² is 2N what is the pressure ?
- force acting on an area of 100 cm² is 200N find the pressure acting on this area in N/m²
- The pressure of the inflated balloon is less or greater than the atmospheric pressure? Why? Explain.
- what is pressure
- A car has a weight of 8000N. The car is supported by 4 tyres. The weight on each tyre is equal. The area of one tyre in contact with the ground is 150 cm2 . Calculate the pressure that one tyre exerts on the ground. Show your working and give your answer in N/cm2 .
- 4. You are given the following masses and volumes for various blocks of materials. The mass of 1cm^ 3 of water is 1g.From them choose which one will float in water? (A)materialW:mass=12g,volume=10cm 3 (B)materialY:mass=30g,volume=28cm 3 (C)materialX:mass=22g,volume=20cm3 (D)materialZ;mass=12g,volume=13cm3
- what does pressure depend on?
- 5 applications on atmospheric pressure
- State the characteristics of liquid pressure?
Queries asked on Sunday & after 7 pm from Monday to Saturday will be answered after 12 pm the next working day.