CBSE Class 8 Science Non Contact Forces
- what is non contact force
- How can we say that force is an interaction between 2 objects if non contact force is also there?
- What do we call such forces that do not require any physical contact with the object on which they act? Give two examples of such forces.
- What is gravitational force? Give two examples from your daily life.
- What happens when two magnets are brought near each other?
- Name the forces acting on a plastic bucket containing water held above ground level in your hand. Discuss why the forces acting on the bucket do not bring a change in its state of motion.
- A rocket has been fired upwards to launch a satellite in its orbit. Name the non contact force acting downwards on the rocket immediately after leaving the launching pad.
- Why does an object always fall downwards and not upwards?
- (i) What happens when we rub a plastic object like a pen or a comb with hair? Which type of force is operating in this case? (ii) Why are skis used to glide over snow?
- Why the weight of any object on the moon is one-sixth of its weight on earth?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number