define gravitational force
Asked by abkdhruv18 | 17th Jun, 2020, 12:17: PM
The attraction of objects towards the earth is known as force of gravity or gravity.
Every object in the universe whether a small or large exerts a force on every other object, thus this force is known as gravitational force.
For example, the force acting between any two books or any two objects on the Earth's surface.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 17th Jun, 2020, 12:28: PM
- what is non contact force
- How can we say that force is an interaction between 2 objects if non contact force is also there?
- What do we call such forces that do not require any physical contact with the object on which they act? Give two examples of such forces.
- What is gravitational force? Give two examples from your daily life.
- What happens when two magnets are brought near each other?
- Name the forces acting on a plastic bucket containing water held above ground level in your hand. Discuss why the forces acting on the bucket do not bring a change in its state of motion.
- A rocket has been fired upwards to launch a satellite in its orbit. Name the non contact force acting downwards on the rocket immediately after leaving the launching pad.
- Why does an object always fall downwards and not upwards?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number