CBSE Class 8 Science How Do We Control Fire?
- Why is water poured on wood to extinguish burning wood?
- What can we do to cut off the supply of air to a burning substance?
- Why is water not used to control fire produced by burning petrol and oil?
- What should be done to control fire due to oils?
- How does carbon dioxide help in putting off fire?
- (a) What substances are used to extinguish fire? (b) What should we use to extinguish fire in case of electric short circuit? (c) What cannot be used to control fire due to oils?
- (a) Name different types of fire extinguishers. (b) Why is blanket used to wrap around a person who has caught fire?
- (a) Why soda-acid fire extinguisher is not successful in controlling fire caused due to burning oils? (b) How does a soda-acid fire extinguisher work?
- What are the different ways to extinguish fire? Explain.
- At airports and petrol pumps hydrocarbon fire extinguishers are used, not the sods-acid fire extinguisher. Why?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number