CBSE Class 12-science Physics The Solenoid and Toroid
- What is self inductance ?
- Derive the formula for self inductance of a solenoid ?
- What is mutual induction?
- A toroid coil has 1000 turns and diameter of 30 cm with the area of cross section of 2 cm2. Calculate i) inductance of coil ii) induced e.m.f when the a current of 2 A is reversed in 0.03 secs.
- What is the unit of Self Inductance? Define.
- What is the length of a solenoid with total number of turns 1000, area of cross section 20 cm2 and self inductance of 4.02 × 10-3 H.
- If the current of 8 A in the primary circuit is reduced to 0 at a uniform rate in 10-2 secs. What is the induced e.m.f when the coefficient of mutual inductance is 4H?
- On what factors does the coefficient of mutual induction depends?
- In a system of two long solenoids a 1.5 m long solenoid with diameter of 6 cm and 1500 turns has a secondary of 1000 turns wound near its mid point. Calculate the mutual inductance.
- An electron is moving with a velocity v, along the axis of a long straight solenoid, carrying a current. What will be the force acting on the electron due to the magnetic field of the solenoid ?
More videos from this chapterView All
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number