CBSE Class 12-science Maths Bayes' Theorem
Understand how to solve probability problems using CBSE Class 12 Science Mathematics – Probability – Bayes’ Theorem concept videos. TopperLearning gives you access to insightful recorded lectures by an expert who explains Bayes’ Theorem with practical examples. Watch our video lessons to revise the concept of partition of a sample space. Also, relearn the law of total probability with appropriate examples.
In our video lessons, our Maths expert shares examples based on Bayes’ Theorem along with exam strategies. You can further enhance your Maths skills with our CBSE Class 12 Science Maths textbook solutions, practice question papers and more.
Concepts on Partition of a sample space
Partition of a sample space, law of total probability. Bayes' Theorem.
Probability concepts and Bayes theorem
This video explains probability concepts and Bayes theorem.
Bayes' Theorem: Exam Prep Strategies
This video covers partition of a sample space, law of total probability and
- State Bayes’ theorem.
- Define posteriori probability
- A doctor is to visit a patient. From the past experience, it is known that the probabilities that he will come by train, bus, and scooter or by other means of transport are respectively 0.3, 0.2, 0.1 and 0.4. The probabilities that he will be late are, if he comes by train, bus and scooter respectively, but if he comes by other means of transport, then he will not be late. When he arrives, he is late. What is the probability that he comes by scooter? What is your opinion about being 'late'? Which life skills a person lacks by being 'late'?
- A manufacturer has three machine operators A, B and C. The first operator A produces 1% defective items, where as the other two operators B and C produce 5% and 7% defective items respectively. A is on the job for 50% of the time, B is on the job for 30% of the time and C is on the job for 20% of the time. A defective item is produced, what is the probability that it was produced by B? A manufacturer knows that the item is defective; even then he sells it in the market. Is he doing the right thing? Which life skill is he lacking?
- In answering a question on a multiple choice test, a student either knows the answer or guesses. Let 3/4 be the probability that he knows the answer and 1/4 be the probability that he guesses. Assuming that a student who guesses at the answer will be correct with probability 1/4 . What is the probability that the student knows the answer given that he answered it correctly?
- An urn contains five balls. Two balls are drawn and found to be white. Find the probability that all the balls are white.
- Define random variable.
- Define continuous and discrete random variable.
- Can the following distribution be a probability distribution of random variable X? X 0 1 2 3 4 P(X) 0.125 0.25 0.375 0.25 0.125
Queries asked on Sunday & after 7 pm from Monday to Saturday will be answered after 12 pm the next working day.