CBSE Class 11-science Physics Elastic Moduli
- Is strain is dimensions less
- The area of cross section of a wire and its length are 1mm^2 and 2mm respectively.how much will be the work done to increase its length by 0.1mm . Youngs modulus of material of the wire=2.0*10^11n/m^2
- a wire 1 mm diameter and 1 m long fixed at one end is stretched by 0.01 mm when a load of 10 kg is attached to its free end . calculate young's modulus of elasticity.
- Define shear modulus and show that shear stress = shear modulus x theta (where theta is the angular displacement of cylindrical from the vertical position of the cylinder) .
- (a) Define Young's modulus of a material. (b) Define Bulk modulus of a body.
- (a) What do you mean by modulus of rigidity? (b) Which of the following state of matter has the least volume elasticity: solid, liquid or gas?
- What is the ratio of SI units to the CGS units of the modulus of rigidity?
- (a) How does Young's modulus change with the rise of temperature? (b) Is water more elastic than air? Why?
- Two wires A and B are of the same material. Their lengths are in the ratio 1 : 2 and the diameters in the ratio 2 : 1. If they are pulled by the same force, what will be the ratio of their increase in lengths?
- A sphere of radius 10 cm is subjected to a pressure of 100 atm. Its volume decreases by 0.2 cc. Find its Bulk modulus.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number