CBSE Class 10 Maths Some Applications of Trigonometry
Which of the following trigonometric ratios can be used in the given figure?
When can tan or cot of an angle be used in the given problem?
At a certain instant, the ratio of the lengths of a pillar to its shadow is √3:1. At this instant the angle of elevation of the Sun is
- Two pillars are standing on either side of a 80 m wide road. Height of one pillar is 20 m more than the height of the other pillar. From a point on the road between the pillars, the angle of elevation of the higher pillar is 60°, whereas that of the other pillar is 30°. Find the position of the point between the pillars and the height of each pillar. (Use √3 = 1-73)
- On a warm and lazy Saturday, Rishi is watching a county maintenance crew mow the park across the street. He notices the mower takes 16 sec to pass through 60c of rotation from one end of the park to the other. If the corner of the park is 40 meter directly across the street from his house, (i) How wide is the park? (ii) How fast (in kmph) does the mower travel as it cuts the grass?
- The angle of elevation of the top of a tower from two points distant s and t from its foot are complementary. Prove that the height of the tower is √st.
- a person standing on the bank of a river observes that the angle subtented by a tree on the opposite bank of 60 degree. when he retreates 20m from the bank he find the angle to be 30 degree . find the height of the tree and the bradth of the river
- If two crows are sitting at a height of 15 m and 10 m on different trees vertically opposite to each other. They view a vaddi (an estable) on the ground at a angle of depression 45°and 60° respectively. They start at the same time and fly at the same speed along the shortest path to pick up the vadai.Which bird will succeed in it.?
- the angle of elevation of a cloud from a point h metre above a lake is theta. the angle of depression of its reflection in the lake is 45 degree. Find the height of the cloud
- a fire in the building Bis reported on telephone to two fire staitons P and Q, 20 km apart from each other on a straight road P observes that the fire is at an angle of 60 degree to the road and Q observes that it is at an angle of 45 degree to the road. What station should send its team and how much time will this team have to travel?
- from a point on the ground the angles of elevation of the bottom and top of a communication tower fixed on the top of a 20 meter high building a 45 degree and 60 degree respectivelyf.find the height of the tower.
Queries asked on Sunday & after 7 pm from Monday to Saturday will be answered after 12 pm the next working day.