CBSE Class 10 Biology Heredity and Evolution
Hybridisation experiments on pea plants were conducted by
The F2 genotypic ratio of a monohybrid cross is
Which of the following traits studied by Mendel are not matched appropriately?
- Two human beings who can both roll their tongues produced 11 children. 3 of these children could not roll their tongues and 8 children could roll their tongues. (a) Which trait (rolling or not rolling) is controlled by the recessive allele? (b) State all possible genotypes of the F1 generation of the cross. Show the inheritance of the tongue rolling in humans in the given example using a suitable cross. What percentage of offspring will show the same genotype as the parents? OR (c) If one of the parents could not roll their tongue, with the help of a cross, calculate the ratio of tongue- rollers to non-tongue-rollers in the off springs.
- In human, the allele for brown eyes (B) is dominant over that for blue eyes (b). A brown eyed woman marries a blue eyed man, and they have six children. Four of the children are brown eyed and two of them are blue eyed. a) What is the genotype of blue eyes offspring? b) What is the woman's genotype? c) Mention the above process of inheritance in a flow chart.
- explain law of inheritance
- importance of variation?
- a man with blood group A ,black color hair is crossed with woman with blood group O , brown colour hair show the monohybrid cross
- why is DNA copying an essential part of the process of reproduction
- which of the process sexual reproduction or Asexual Reproduction bring about maximum variation in the offspring
Write the name of an insect in which similar type (as humans) of sex determination takes place.
- draw a cross between two pure breeding recessive parent with shape and colour of the pea seed
- if parent has TT than is it possible for any offspring to have tt
Queries asked on Sunday & after 7 pm from Monday to Saturday will be answered after 12 pm the next working day.